Why make a Boston cream pie from scratch when this cake version is so simple? Preparing the pudding with half-and-half cream instead of milk gives this dessert an added richness that's hard to beat.
Recommended: 26 of Our Easiest Desserts Ever
- 1-1/2 cups cold half-and-half cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 to 5 teaspoons hot water
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and enough water to reach desired spreading consistency. Spread over top of cake, letting glaze drizzle down sides. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Boston Cream Cake in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p5
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Boston Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2010
"when you want something quick and delicious, this is it for boston cream cake"