Double Chocolate Orange Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Orange Brownies
Sort By :
"Made these brownies this afternoon. Absolutely fantastic. I give them a full 5 star rating. I followed the recipe just as written (except I added an extra 3T of a.p. flour because I live at 6580 feet elevation). Moist, fudgy, chocolate goodness. Can't go wrong with these."
"Very tasty. I made a few changes/additions - added a splash of vanilla and a big pinch of salt and used orange zest and a little orange juice instead of the orange extract. Very nice recipe."
"this recipe is wonderful! I did use 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa with the melted butter. I added 1/2 tsp. salt with the 1 cup all-purpose flour and sifted together. I also greased and floured a 13x9x2" baking pan and I used miniature chocolate chips (1 cup). I didn't dust with the confectioners' sugar-to me, the chocolate chips added enough of a touch! When I cut the brownies, and sampled small "cuts", I found these to be very moist! I got 31 squares out of this recipe! delowenstein"
"really great, you can sub powdered sugar, for a powdered sugar glaze, add some orange extract to the glaze if you want"
"These brownies are great, but I decided to kick up the orange flavor with a teaspoon of orange zest and chopped orange flavored chocolate instead of chocolate chips. I will be making these again for Christmas as my father loves anything with chocolate and orange flavor."