- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 5-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, butter and peanut butter. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir until well blended. Stir in cereal until well coated. Spread into prepared pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butterscotch chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir; spread over cereal mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side, peeling waxed paper away while rolling. Place seam side down on a serving plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Chocolate Log
Sort By :
"this recipe was a hit! i would definitely make it again. i might try what the other rater did and use peanut butter instead of butterscotch, but it was good as is. it was very sticky so make sure to use plenty of cooking spray"
"Fun, easy treat to make for kids--grown up kids like it, too! Instead of butterscotch chips, I add 1/4 cup peanut butter."