Crisp Lemon Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls or drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Crisp Lemon Sugar Cookies(6)
Sort By :
Perfect! My new favorite!
During baking some of the lemon flavor disappears, so in the future I'd do three teaspoons of lemon extract and no vanilla.
These cookies are so good! With real lemon flavor. I used all butter, a turkey egg, and Sugar in the Raw. My husband is the cookie monster and he agrees, they are great! This recipe is now in my personal recipe book!
Have we had butter flavored shortening 40 years--or is this a new update from the original?