- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and extracts. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls or drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Crisp Lemon Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"These are absolutely heavenly!They are lemony and crisp with a sugar ,topping and you couldn't ask for more in a lemon cookie!Nancy Foust (_nlfPA)Field Editor PA"
"Delicious cookie. Tasty with ice cream or sherbet"
"I love these lemon cookies. I am baking my Christmas cookies ahead and freezing them so I won't be so rushed later on. This is the first time I have baked these but I will bake them again."
"Perfect! My new favorite!"
"During baking some of the lemon flavor disappears, so in the future I'd do three teaspoons of lemon extract and no vanilla."