Cranberry Icebox Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts. Carefully stir in cranberries. Shape into three 7-in. rolls; wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices and place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Icebox Cookies(4)
Sort By :
I've been making these since the recipe was first printed. Very tasty! I sprinkle them with sugar before baking.
They where OK but nothing that I would make over and over.
I love cranberry cookies, and these are especially nice with fresh cranberries - you get that little bite of something extra special. I drizzle these with melted white chocolate - a cookie exchange hit for sure!
I added 1 cup ivory chips to dough. Excellent