Cranberry Crumb Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and extract; stir into dry ingredients. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cranberries and remaining sugar; spoon over batter.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over cranberries. Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Crumb Cake in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p39
Reviews for Cranberry Crumb Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2008
This was really good! I used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda in the cake part (not the glaze)and don't believe that it altered the texture. I am making again for Christmas brunch. Even my kids liked it!!