Cran-Orange Streusel Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Beat in the milk, applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and orange peel.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cran-Orange Streusel Muffins(5)
Sort By :
These are delicious. My changes are that i only used 1 tbsp butter in topping. Also cut the temp to 375ºF (because of my oven), and baked 10 muffins because we like large. Would like to suggest NOT to use paper liners as i did, muffin sticks to it. Spray with pam as suggested. Definitely will be making again.
I added 1/2 cup chopped chestnuts. Moist, dense, delicious.
I only gave this 4 stars because I didn't use the cranberry or orange zest. I used strawberries and a dash of lemon extract. The flavor of these muffins is great though and I most certainly will make them again. The recipe is basic that you can freely substitute many fruits! I love that it uses applesauce instead of oil, that helps lighten it up. Great recipe!
These are simple to make. Moist and delicious.
Great moist and tasty muffins! Easy to make too!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Muffins >
- Cranberry Bread Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Muffin Recipes >