Cookies N Cream Brownies Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 8 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; set aside. For brownie layer, combine the butter, sugars and cocoa in a large bowl. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to cocoa mixture. Stir in crushed cookie crumbs.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Sprinkle with coarsely chopped cookies. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cookies N Cream Brownies
Sort By :
"I switched regular Oreos for the mint variety. Thought the family would go crazy for this recipe. Flavor was just so-so and while deep in chocolate flavor the the base, overall was not a favorite. Love the concept though and it's certainly a visually appealing recipe."
"I've made these before & they're scrumptious! Thank you, Darlene, for sharing your tried & true recipes from TOH!"
"These are moist and delicious and not sickie sweet! My family and I love these. These brownies are amazing!"
"I wish that "maybe" were a choice for the question. I might make these again, I'm not sure. The batter for the brownie part was fluffy which seemed strange to me. I didn't add the sandwich cookies because I forgot to pick some up at the store. I added mint extract instead of the vanilla to the top layer. The top layer made it very hard to tell when the brownies were done. I had to use an 8x8 pan because I don't own an 11x7 one. I thought using a bigger one wouldn't work well making them too thin. I just found them ok tasting. The brownie part is kinda blah and I'd prefer the top layer to be sweeter than it is."
"I made these for a party I attended. They were a big hit."