- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar and coconut. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle. Using hands dusted with confectioners' sugar, mold rounded tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture into egg shapes. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening. Remove eggs from the freezer a few at a time; dip into chocolate mixture until completely coated. Return to waxed paper; refrigerate until hardened. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Eggs(3)
Sort By :
triple the coconut and add vanilla extract and this recipe is awesome
Easy to make and really yummy.
These eggs were delicious.Great to use as a filling in my Easter egg chocolate mould.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Candy >
- Easter Desserts >