- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar and coconut. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle. Using hands dusted with confectioners' sugar, mold rounded tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture into egg shapes. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening. Remove eggs from the freezer a few at a time; dip into chocolate mixture until completely coated. Return to waxed paper; refrigerate until hardened. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Cream Eggs
Sort By :
"triple the coconut and add vanilla extract and this recipe is awesome"
"Easy to make and really yummy."
"These eggs were delicious.Great to use as a filling in my Easter egg chocolate mould."