- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by quarter cupfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Spread each to about 3-in. diameter. Bake 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked and cookies are just set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 cookies.
Originally published as Chocolate Brownie Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p55
Reviews for Cocoa Brownie Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review