A friend called one morning to see if I wanted company for coffee. I was going to make biscuits for breakfast but wanted something fancier to share. So I quickly turned those biscuits into hot cinnamon rolls. Was my friend impressed when she arrived to the sweet aroma!
- 4-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins, optional
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll the dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and raisins if desired; sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place with cut side down on a large greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the icing ingredients; spread over warm rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Rolls in a Snap in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p29
Reviews for Cinnamon Rolls in a Snap
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review