Cinnamon Rock Candy Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil; butter the foil and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine water, sugar, corn syrup and food coloring. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals.
- Uncover; cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon oil (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour onto prepared pan. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Break the candy into pieces using the edge of a metal mallet. Sprinkle both sides of candy with confectioners' sugar. Store in airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Cinnamon Rock Candy(9)
Sort By :
Great! Next time I think ill double the cinnamon oil though there was only cinnamon flavor in the beginning then went away.....overall great easy recipe
I have made this so many time and my family just loves it!! The only thing that I changed is that I use a cookie sheet about 1/2 inch deep and spray the tray with none stick cooking spray to coat the cookie. After it cools, it pops out in one piece. My wife started using cooking scissors to cut it into squares before it cools all the way. This is so the pieces do not have sharp edges. Thanks so much for posting this recipe!!
I would use parchment instead of foil, and to prevent the candy from sticking together I would coat with powdered sugar.