- 1 cup water
- 3-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil; butter the foil and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine water, sugar, corn syrup and food coloring. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals.
- Uncover; cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon oil (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour onto prepared pan. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Break the candy into pieces using the edge of a metal mallet. Sprinkle both sides of candy with confectioners' sugar. Store in airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Cinnamon Rock Candy
"I sold this at a bake sale, and it was gone within 5 minutes."
"This is the first time I have ever made rock candy and the recipe came out perfectly! I did add an additional tsp of cinnamon flavoring because I was using extract instead of oil. I was wondering if it would be a problem to double up on this recipe if you had two pans to pour it into?"
"Great! Next time I think ill double the cinnamon oil though there was only cinnamon flavor in the beginning then went away.....overall great easy recipe"