Christmas Sandwich Cookies Recipe
"My mother-in-law gave me the recipe for these lovely melt-in-your-mouth cookies," remarks Elizabeth Klager of St. Catharines, Ontario. "They're a Christmas tradition at our house."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoon milk
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Quartered red candied cherries and star-shaped sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk. Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; add to the creamed mixture, beating just until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead 20 times. Roll out 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spread jam over the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and food coloring until smooth. Place mixture in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe frosting in tree shapes on cookies. Garnish with candied cherries and sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Sandwich Cookies in Country Woman November/December 2000, p40
Reviews for Christmas Sandwich Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >