- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-fat eggnog
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, eggnog, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Christmas Eggnog Bread
Sort By :
I just made this bread and turned out well using whole wheat flour and Splenda.. Definately would make again. Think it does need a glaze for added sweetness.
Made this today to serve at Christmas Dinner. Followed the recipe to a T. I've never reviewed a recipe before but had to this time around. This bread was so awful I ended up throwing it out to the birds and will need to make another kind of bread for Christmas tomorrow. Wasted a very expensive 1 3/4 cups of eggnog. No flavor whatsoever.
Amazing! What a great bread to give as a gift or to serve to company.
I LOVE this recipe! It even impressed my mom, who doesn't like even like eggnog! Not too sweet, not too spicy, and it was super easy to make. Will definitely make again!