Christmas Cookies in a Jar Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the sugar and brown sugar, packing well between each layer. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; spoon into jar. Top with oats, cranberries and chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare cookies: Pour cookie mix into a large bowl; stir to combine. Beat in butter, egg and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by the tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Christmas Cookies in a Jar(4)
Sort By :
I made this as teacher/daycare provider gifts. My daughter's daycare provider told me yesterday that they were FABULOUS cookies. She ended up making bar cookies out of them to save on time, and they turned out good that way, too.
I gave these as Christmas gifts to my neighbors; they are really pretty in a jar. Good cookies; we enjoyed them ourselves, also. I needed to lightly grease the baking sheets so the cookies wouldn't stick.
Absolutely delicious. Making for Christmas fair. I had to try them out numerous times to make sure they were good enough, but someone has to do it. Really, really flavorful and they're hard to stop eating!
I am making about 15 of these as Christmas gifts for friends this year. It is an easy gift to prepare, and it looks so festive. Thanks for the great idea!