- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Silk Pie
Sort By :
"This pie is delish!! I make this frequently and get rave reviews. I have changed it up a bit a few times. I have made it with milk chocolate chips, without the coffee (don't recommend), graham cracker crust, chocolate crust, and everyone at my churches favorite way...with caramel and kosher salt on top - along with the whipped cream!! To make the texture a bit lighter, after folding in the whipping cream - I will put it all back in the mixer on a high speed and "fluff" it up a bit!!"
"My husband and I love this pie. I used graham cracker crust and doubled the bittersweet chocolate."
"One of the best chocolate pies I have tried. Nice deep rich dark flavor and smooth texture. Followed to a T except made 1.5 times recipe for larger pie and used a large size graham cracker crust. Will certainly make this again and again and again!!!"
"Outstanding! Super easy! This will be my "go to" chocolate pie!"
"This is the best & easiest Chocolate Silk Pie ever & I have tried some that were award winners at actual pie shoppes! Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe! I followed the recipe to a t & made it for Valentine's & it was to die for!!"