- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Silk Pie
Sort By :
This is the best & easiest Chocolate Silk Pie ever & I have tried some that were award winners at actual pie shoppes! Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe! I followed the recipe to a t & made it for Valentine's & it was to die for!!
I think very delicious dessert,tomorrow will prepare the tea.
I made this pie several times my kids love it . Nice and creamy . I also used cool whip for the whipping cream. Delicious and very easy to make.
Wonderfully easy! Unfortunately, I didn't have unsweeted chocolate bars. So I used semi-sweet instead. Looking forward to trying it again with unsweetened.
Made this for Valentine's Day and it was a huge hit! I may add vanilla if making again.