Chocolate Oat Squares Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press two-thirds of oat mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate chips, salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and remaining vanilla. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Oat Squares
Sort By :
"These are wonderful! Made exactly as posted--wouldn't change a thing. Thanks so much for sharing."
"Very tasty. Shared with a large group and they loved them."
"These are an awesome little treat. When I got the crust in the pan I didn't have enough to completly cover the chocolate layer so I dropped dollops over the chocolate. Turned out great."
"These squares are excellent! I have baked them many times and receive compliments each time I take them somewhere. They travel well and freeze well. They are quite dense and can be cut in small squares to serve many. The only change I have made is that I sometimes use pecans in place of walnuts as they are a favorite of mine."
"I've made these over and over again. My family and friends love these. Thanks for the recipe."