- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 to 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 cups (12 ounces) white baking chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Icing of your choice
- Assorted decorating candies
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in 3 cups confectioners' sugar. Place 1/4 cup butter mixture in a bowl; add yellow food coloring if desired and mix well. Shape into 24 small balls; cover and chill for 30 minutes. Wrap plain mixture in plastic wrap; chill for 30 minutes.
- Dust work surface with remaining confectioners' sugar. Divide plain dough into 24 pieces. Wrap one piece of plain dough around each yellow ball and form into an egg shape. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in mixture; allow excess to drip off. Return eggs to waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Decorate with icing and decorating candies as desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Covered Eggs
Sort By :
"These were great. I loved the texture and the taste. I did use almond bark for a coating and decorated with white chocolate. Next time I will experiment with flavorings in the filling."
"I just made these, did not use the yellow center, just shaped into eggs. The "fondant" tastes great and works up very easily. I chose to use a chocolate chip/paraffin wax dip and then used Easter sprinkles on them. This recipe is a keeper."
"For less sweet variety, substitute 3/4 cup of the Confectioners Sugar with pulverized Nilla Wafers. Grind them in a food processor. They end up being a bit more grainy texture but it is an acceptable trade off for less sweet."
"I had A friend make some with Strawberry and lemon filled they were the best."