Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water. Brush over cookies. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Chinese Almond Cookies(4)
Sort By :
Too cute and quite delicious
We make these every Christmas and they are great to give as gifts to the postman, firemen, etc. Or just eat yourself!
These taste wonderful. I did modify in the interest of time: roll the dough in food wrap into 2 inch rolls, refrigerate and slice for baking. Still make a fork indentation so it will hold the egg wash, but put the wash on before you add almonds. Add almonds last, pressing lightly into the dough. Much faster!
These are one of my favorite cookies.God Bless.