- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Casserole
Sort By :
"I liked the flavors of this casserole but I used chili beans, corn, and green peppers. As a quick fix you could add chili packet seasoning ."
"My husband said this was a keeper. I added 1 teaspoon of chilli powder to it also. My grand children had it for lunch and loved it."
"I added a little more garlic powder and served it with biscuits. My husband and I really enjoyed this dish and I wil be making this dish again. It's a great dinner for a clod, wintery evening."
"I followed the directions exactly and just before I served the dish 10-30-09 to my family, I realized their was no Chili powder listed as an ingredient. I took a taste test and it was bland. So, I added a tablespoon of chili powder to the dish and waited another ten minutes for the flavor to soak in. Only my husband (who eats almost anything) took seconds. I will not make this recipe again!!"
"I love any hearty chili recipe. A great variation for this is to stir 1 c. sour cream into the noodles. Layer chili mixture and noodles in a casserole dish, top with some shredded monterey jack or cheddar and bake at 350 degrees to get hot and bubbly....about 20 min. Great pot luck dish or meal for a friend who needs a hand."