For a unique way to serve chicken salad, these puffs can't be beat! The tasty filling gets color and crunch from the olives and celery. Guests have told me they are delicious and satisfying. -Marlys Benning, Ackley, Iowa
- CREAM PUFFS:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by six rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery and olives. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into chicken mixture. Fill puffs just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Puffs in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p35
Reviews for Chicken Salad Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review