A host of spices tends an authentic flavor to this ethnic entree from Tisha Kuster of Macomb, Illinois. "The mother of one of my friends is from India...and she shared the secret ingredients for making this wonderful curry," writes Trisha.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, paprika and chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground tumeric, ginger and cloves
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is browned. Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Curry in Light & Tasty August/September 2001
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review