- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats and wheat germ. In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, peanut butter and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square pan. Gently press cereal mixture evenly into pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Energy Bars
Sort By :
"Everyone in our family absolutely loves these bars. And they're pretty easy to make even for older kids."
"As is the recipe is so unhealthy. I used organic brown crisp rice cereal, 1/2 cup maple syrup instead of the unhealthy corn syrop, natural nut butter, and some carob chips. We need to stop using corn syrup!"
"This recipe cut into 32 bars is more usable by diabetics and children and non-athletictype people. Cutting into 16 bars, can't see how anyone would get 18 bars out of a 9x9 panful, is just too many carbs and calories. Cut into 32 bars and adding a4 oz serving of yogurt or small fresh fruit is showing healthy wisdom in your choices."
"I make this one often - they are easy to make and good to eat - the whole family loves them!"
"Good! The only things I did different was reduce the brown sugar (1/4 cup) & used agave nectar instead of corn syrup. Next time I might try honey instead of the nectar just to switch it up. Also used an all natural no sugar added peanut butter."