Dried Fruit Energy Bars
These dried fruit energy bars are the perfect breakfast option for busy people. They're easy to make ahead and jam-packed with ingredients like chia seeds, quinoa and oats that will keep you fueled throughout the day. — Andrea Potischman, Menlo Park, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8-in. square baking pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine dates, coconut oil, almond butter, protein powder and vanilla. Cover and pulse until blended. Add coconut and chia seeds. Pulse until combined. Add oats and cooked quinoa. Pulse until combined.
- Press firmly into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan. Using a serrated knife, cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.