- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, drained and halved
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms are browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Snowball Cookies
Sort By :
"These cookies are easy & taste wonderful. I do add a few drops of red food coloring to the dough to tint it pink."
"Tastes almost exactly like a spritz cookie."
"Really great shortbread based cookie! One of my faves at Christmas! Make sure to roll in extra powder sugar once they're cooled, otherwise they're really not sweet enough.Every one loves the cherry surprise in the middle!"
"these are great with a great surprised in the middle.. they were really easy to make.They look pretty too."
"These cookies were very easy to make and tasted great. I am going to try the chocolate chip idea, that sounds yummy also.Thanks for all the great ideas."