"These simple cookies have a delicate buttery flavor complemented by the cherry surprise in the center," notes Joy Schuster of Glentana, Montana. "They've become a holiday favorite for my family."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, drained and halved
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms are browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Snowballs in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p7
Reviews for Cherry Snowball Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review