- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool cake on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes. Poke holes in cake with a meat fork or wooden skewer; gradually pour gelatin over cake. Cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over cake. Top with the pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Dream Cake
Sort By :
"Perfect!!!!! This cake is gorgeous and easy to make! I've taken it to several occasions and there isn't any left over! Great presentation and great cake!"
"This is a simple, classic cake. I love using it because it is just so gorgeous when you cut it open. I've used cherries and strawberries as well."
"The picture doesn't do it justice. It's a real show stopper. I'll make this again and again. A great cake to take to any function. It will be gone in a flash."
"I made this cake using strawberries and it taste great."
"Yum! Quick, easy, and such a pretty cake. The flavors of the cream cheese with the sweetness of the cherries and the cherry gelatin make for a wonderful combination. This recipe is a keeper!"