These hot-from-the-oven sandwiches are so good on a cool afternoon or as a quick dinner. Chopped pecans give the crab salad extra crunch.—Mary Lou Crouch, Granite Falls, Washington
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, celery, mayonnaise, pimientos, pecans and onion. Spread over English muffin halves. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until bubbly. Top with cheese slices; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Crab English Muffins in Country Woman July/August 2005, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Crab English Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review