- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed multigrain crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 5 small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Spoon over cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in bacon. Pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheddar-Veggie Appetizer Torte
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! followed directions...added a bit more vegetables. Made in springform pan. nice presentation! Will double the recipe next time!
Delicious! Everyone wanted the recipe.
Made this for a New Years party. Everyone raved! I added more onion, mushrooms, and a little asparagus. Great!
This is delicious! I made it for my bed and breakfast guests this morning. I told them it was an 'experiment' and they said I should definitely make it again. It took 35 minutes to bake, came out of the springform pan easily, and browned nicely on top. A winner!
Wow! So so easy! I saw this as a repin on Pinterest and thought it sounded good. I had a Christmas party to go to and I was a bit pressed for time, not to mention ingredients. This was AMAZING! Like many others that tried this recipe, it was certainly a crowd pleaser... Gone in 30 mins! Had many compliments and requests. I omitted the bacon because there were a couple of vegetarians but it didn't matter! I used regular cream cheese and added my own herbs and garlic to the sautéed veg. I had on hand asparagus, red onion, mushrooms, peppers and added the zucchini. It was divine! Making three more tomorrow! Very nice work Barbara, thank you!h