Carrot Cake Bars Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) carrot baby food
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) apricot baby food
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil for 2 minutes. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. Add baby foods; mix well. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost; cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Carrot Cake Bars(8)
Sort By :
I love this recipe! I stir some caramel topping into the cream cheese frosting and it makes it extra special and takes away a little of the extra sweetness that I sometimes detect in cream cheese frosting. I like the fact that it makes a large batch of bars, perfect for family reunions, office functions, etc. I store any leftovers (when there are some!) in a square plastic container in the refrigerator, separating the layers with waxed paper or parchment paper rather than in the pan to save on refrigerator space.
The easiest way to get carrot cake without the work of grating the carrots! Yummy, moist & delicious. Great with or without walnuts. Raisins are a nice substitution for the nuts as well.
It did not taste like a carrot cake, not sure the baby food adds anything.
I used only 3/4 a cup of oil instead of the 1 1/4 cups and 2 containers of applesause, and they were still nice and moist!
Super good, I like the secret nutrition from the baby food, and adding raisins make it even better. Thanks for the recipe
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >