Cardamom Sugar Cookies Recipe
The warm flavor of cardamom spices up these classic sugar cookies. They’re the ideal treat for your homemade goody basket. Tint the glaze to fit the season.Darina Jurasek, Salmon Arm, British Columbia
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Coarse sugar and/or edible glitter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cardamom, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and milk. Pipe over cookies and sprinkle with coarse sugar and/or glitter. Let dry completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cardamom Sugar Cookies in Country Woman December/January 2013, p28
Reviews for Cardamom Sugar Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Best Sugar Cookie Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Sugar Cookies >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >