Caramel Chip Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 32 caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces), chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, caramels and milk; cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oil and eggs until blended. Stir in chips and chopped candy bar (dough will be stiff).
- Press three-fourths into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture over the crust. Drop remaining dough by spoonfuls onto caramel layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; run a knife around edges of pan. Cool 40 minutes longer; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Chip Bars
Sort By :
"Sounds delicious but what is a Heath candy bar. What kind of bar would it be equivalent to in Canada?"
"Awesome! I replaced some of the chocolate chips with butterscotch and didn't do the 3 cups of chips, maybe about 2 and it was plenty sweet enough."
"Excellent!!! I substituted the vanilla chips with peanut butter chips. Great flavor combo!"
"this is my absolute favorite desert. everyone loves it and wants me to make it at all of the gatherings. If you like chocolate and caramel together, then you will love this."
"The BEST bars i have ever had in my life!"