Bring these extra-special cupcakes to your next bake sale and watch how quickly they disappear—if your family doesn't gobble them up first! Kids will go for the fun appearance and tasty toppings while adults will appreciate the moist spiced cake underneath. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
- 1 package spice or carrot cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 20 caramels
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Apple Cupcakes in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p27
Reviews for Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review