Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package spice or carrot cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 20 caramels
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Sort By :
OMG!!! It's so amazing, everyone loved these. The caramel was perfect and as others have said the caramel just kind of starts to run off the longer they sit, however it tastes great. I would not change the topping at all!!!! OOEY, GOOEY MESSY GREATNESS JUST LIKE A CARAMEL APPLE...this will be in my recipe book FOREVER :)
I needed to make more than 12, so I used a box spice cake mix, 3 cups of apples, and about 30 caramels. It made about 20 cupcakes, and they turned out good.
I made these for my son's birthday . The cupcakes were good but the icing was rock hard, and nobody could eat it. What did I do wrong?
Made this in a 13x9 pan and served to a group of medical students. There were no leftovers at the end of the evening! Instead of 20 Caramels I used a bag of the caramel bits and it worked just fine. Was rushed and that saved me time to not have to unwrap the caramels. Will definitely make again.
My family really liked these cupcakes. I made them regular size. I also added less water then the cake mix called for by 1/3 cup. But after the apples cooked in it I found it turned out perfect. I did keep the cupcakes that hadn't been ate in the fridge because of the reviews I read. The caramel was just as pretty and tasty the next morning. I liked it better a little cold but that is how I like my caramel apples too.