Caramel and Pear Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Stir in milk until smooth. Add pears and pecans. Spread evenly into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until pears are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Caramel and Pear Pudding(16)
Sort By :
What a yummy, easy to fix dessert. I put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes since my crockpot was already in use. Came out great. Next time I'm going to double the boiling water and see if comes out more like a pudding cake
This was excellent. I served it with vanilla ice cream and it was a hit! I was worried you wouldn't be able to taste the pears but you definitely could.
Made this pudding today and it was delicious. Turned out great. I took the lid off for the last half hour of cooking so the top the top of the pudding would dry out a bit. Loved being able to put it in the crock pot. Small portions are enough as it was quite rich and filling!!!
My family went nuts for this dessert and they keep asking for more! I love any easy crockpot dessert, especially when it gets rave reviews!
This went over big with my whole family, even those who do not like pears! Made it just as recipe called for except I used 3/4 cup buttermilk because I was out of regular milk.