- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Scoop out and discard pulp of cherry tomatoes. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a food processor, combine the cream, mozzarella cheese, basil and garlic; cover and process until blended.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Fill with cheese mixture.
- Turn tomato halves over; drizzle with vinegar. Pipe cheese mixture into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Caprese Tomato Bites
Sort By :
"My family liked these a lot! They ate them all! I however did not like them? I love tomatoes, mozzarella and olive oil but these were not for me."
"Made these for a July 4th party and they were gone in minutes!"
"This took way more than 30 min. to make. The taste was good but I couldn't use my piping bag, it just got jammed with the cheese so I needed to use a 1/2 teaspoon which added to the time."
"This recipe is so easy to make. The drizzle of vinegar adds a little zing to each bite. Very fresh and great for a backyard get together."
"I made this for 4th of July and everyone loved it. I also used the leftover filling to top a pizza and it was delicious."