I love the classic combination of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in these bite-size appetizers. The juicy explosion you get when you pop one into your mouth is the genuine taste of springtime.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Scoop out and discard pulp of cherry tomatoes. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a food processor, combine the cream, mozzarella cheese, basil and garlic; cover and process until blended.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Fill with cheese mixture.
- Turn tomato halves over; drizzle with vinegar. Pipe cheese mixture into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Caprese Tomato Bites in Country Woman May 2007, p29
Reviews for Caprese Tomato Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review