Caprese Tomato Bites Recipe
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Scoop out and discard pulp of cherry tomatoes. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a food processor, combine the cream, mozzarella cheese, basil and garlic; cover and process until blended.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Fill with cheese mixture.
- Turn tomato halves over; drizzle with vinegar. Pipe cheese mixture into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Caprese Tomato Bites(9)
Sort By :
Made these for a July 4th party and they were gone in minutes!
This took way more than 30 min. to make. The taste was good but I couldn't use my piping bag, it just got jammed with the cheese so I needed to use a 1/2 teaspoon which added to the time.
This recipe is so easy to make. The drizzle of vinegar adds a little zing to each bite. Very fresh and great for a backyard get together.
I made this for 4th of July and everyone loved it. I also used the leftover filling to top a pizza and it was delicious.
Took this to a fourth of July party and everybody loved it. Everyone commented on how good they were. Scooping out the tomatoes was a bit time consuming, and piping the filling a bit fussy but pretty quick, and they looked great. The whole recipe took about an hour and cost about $10. Definitely a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- July 4th Appetizers >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Appetizers >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Appetizers >