Caprese Salad Recipe
My husband and I love this salad, but not the high prices we pay for it in restaurants. Here, we created our own version which tastes incredibly close—if not better—than any restaurant version we've tried.
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange the tomatoes, cheese and basil on a serving platter. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caprese Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p227