My husband and I love this salad, but not the high prices we pay for it in restaurants. Here, we created our own version which tastes incredibly close—if not better—than any restaurant version we've tried.
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange the tomatoes, cheese and basil on a serving platter. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caprese Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p227
Reviews for Caprese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 31, 2014
"This was a huge hit at a party I brought it to. The only change I made was using grape tomatoes instead. I love the flavors and the fresh ingredients. It was great!"
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2013