I came up with these brownies as a way to use up my son's leftover Halloween candy. You can tint the cream cheese orange for a spooky touch. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grv, Utah
Featured In: 15 Recipes Using Leftover Halloween Candy
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped assorted miniature candy bars (about 18)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted miniature candy bars (about 10)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a microwave, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. Add flour and salt; stir just until combined. Stir in 1 cup candy bars.
- Spread into prepared pan. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup candy bars.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling in center is almost set. Cool 1 hour in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Candy Bar Cheesecake Brownies in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p92
Reviews for Candy Bar Cheesecake Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review