Butter Crunch Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes and pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Crunch Cookies(8)
Sort By :
These are my new and forever favorite cookies ever! I added an egg and vanilla and cut the recipe in half. Do this and I guarantee you will love them!
These are easy and delicious.
These cookies are terrible, they come out thin and baked the way the recipe says, burns them to pieces. If not cooked well they fall apart. Do not go by the pictures because they don't look like that at all. They are the worse cookie I have ever made, and I make plenty of cookies. Dozens every month and always look for new ones to try. This was the worst!!!!!!!! Do you have to have four cups of corn flakes to start and the crush them or do you crush them first to make four cups. This was not in the recipe I got via my Taste of Home Cook Book. I am not depending on Taste of Home any more for cookie recipes.
Had to move the dough to a larger mixing bowl! So be sure to start with a large bowl! Absolutely delicious! Buttery rich! I love a cookie ith crunch!
I really loved the flavor they put out but they were to crumbly any suggestions.