This tangy, amped up burger puts a new twist on buffalo wings. -Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add mayonnaise and hot sauce; beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Crumble beef into a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Place on rolls. Top each with 2 tablespoons buffalo mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon each of celery and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Beef Burgers in Taste of Home
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Buffalo Beef Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2011
"Had these for burgers for dinner, cookout with friends, also used turkey burger...needless to say friends LOVED them and are still talking about them!!"