- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel. Mash well with a fork. Bring to a boil over low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and remaining blueberries.
- Unfold puff pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares. Spoon 3 tablespoons of filling into the center of each square; fold diagonally in half and press edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over turnovers. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Turnovers(2)
Sort By :
Wonderful! Have made this several times with a few tweaks based on what I have on hand for the filling. Turns out great every time!
great flavor, I did bake it at a lower temp because it was browning too quickly. kids said "mom this is the best recipe"