- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Big Soft Ginger Cookies
Sort By :
"WOW!! Incredible Spice Flavor! Chewy on the Inside! Highly Addictive! ALL UNDERSTATEMENTS! We made these cookies 12 times during the 2014 Holidays!! ????My Lessons..Do Not Over Bake! (8 mins in my convection oven) Do Not Press the Cookie Dough Balls Down BeforeCooking UNLESS Crunchy Hot Cocoa Dunkersare what you're craving!! Either way this cookierecipe is a keeper!! ??"
"Wonderful recipe! I always use brown sugar in place of white sugar and butter flavored crisco instead of butter in my cookies.. Turned out PERFECT!"
"excellent; I did add some candied ginger....about 2 tbs. but they are great just the way they are"
"Perfect amount of spice. Made a double recipe. Your house will smell like the Holidays ??"
"Love these cookies!!! I will be making them every year for the Holidays!!"