Ginger Drop Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and eggs. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 165 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 23, 2015
By far, the best ginger cookies I have ever eaten. These came out perfectly and were so soft and delicious that they were devoured in no time at all. Definitely a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.