- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Big Soft Ginger Cookies(31)
Sort By :
You will not regret making these
My Family Loves Loves Lives TheseCookies! EasY And Wonderful.
This recipe makes perfect ginger cookies. I used a medium Oxo cookie scoop and got exactly 2 dozen cookies. After taking the cookies out of the oven, I pressed each cookie down with the bottom of a glass to make them less puffy and give them more cracks. I needed flat cookies because I used these to make pumpkin ice cream sandwiches.
These are absolutely the best ginger cookies ever! And my father just goes crazy over them! (:
This year, I was trying to opt for soft gingerbread cookies, as my son just had his braces put on and can't have anything too crunchy-and what would ruin the holiday mood than biting into one of your favorite cookies and damaging your braces/teeth?! I found this recipe and wanted to try it...WOW! We JUST finished baking these for the first time about 20 minutes ago and my family is already hooked! What a great recipe!