- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Big Soft Ginger Cookies
Sort By :
"excellent; I did add some candied ginger....about 2 tbs. but they are great just the way they are"
"Perfect amount of spice. Made a double recipe. Your house will smell like the Holidays ??"
"Love these cookies!!! I will be making them every year for the Holidays!!"
"These are soft and delicious. Very easy to make. Will definitely make again!"
"These cookies are soft and delicious. A couple of them made it to day 2 and still soft! I also increased the cinnamon to 1tsp. and flattened before baking & got about 2 dz. per batch. Will be making more of these!"