Berries with Champagne Cream Recipe
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Champagne
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- In a heavy saucepan, beat egg yolks and sugar with a portable mixer until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in champagne. Place the saucepan over low heat. With a portable mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 5-6 minutes.
- Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon three-quarters of the champagne cream into stemmed glasses. Top with berries. Spoon remaining champagne cream over berries. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berries with Champagne Cream(6)
Sort By :
Really good be sure to cook enough
Excellent recipe. Lovely, creamy and totally satisfying. My guests ask if I will make this one again.
is this recipe safe for kids? i'm never really too sure on how that works lol. thanks in advance for any answers!!
Fantastic recipe for a special dessert. Easy to make, and delicious!
This dessert was fantastic! I made it as a Valentine's Day inspired dessert for our "couple's date night" and it was a huge hit! It did take quite a bit longer than 5-6 minutes for me to hit 160 degrees, but it is important to hit the temp to get the right consistency, so keep going until you hit it despite time.
It was more than worth the wait, though! Thanks for the recipe!