It's so easy to see why this fruity dessert always impresses dinner guests. I sometimes substitute the berries with sliced bananas.—Tina Sawchuk, Ardmore, Alberta
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil; draw a 9-3/4-in. circle on each. Spoon a fourth of the batter onto each circle; spread evenly with a spoon to within 1/4 in. of edge. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine the sugar, confectioner's sugar and cornstarch. In a large bowl, beat cream and sugar mixture until stiff peaks form. To assemble, place one cookie layer on a large serving plate. Top with 1-1/2 cups whipped cream mixture and 2 cups of mixed berries. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cookie layer and whipped cream mixture. Arrange remaining berries on top. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Berries 'n' Cream Torte in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p213
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berries 'n' Cream Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review