- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bananas 'n' Cream Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"Best banana cake ever. The cake is soft and moist. I use reduced fat sour cream and leave out the walnuts as no one in my family likes them. No need for frosting or even powdered sugar, because it is already sweet enough."
"Oh my goodness--this is exactly the recipe I was looking for. It is a light, fine textured cake, not a bread and it came out perfectly. I added some cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to the nicest batter ever. I was very careful not to over mix it. It is now my go to banana cake recipe. It can stand alone without any 10 X sugar or icing. Thank you for posting it."
"Very good! I make banana bread routinely, and this recipe is a wonderfulChange. Moist, delicious and I made it exactly as recipe stated. Certainly more of a dessert than a breakfast bread."
"Great recipe. way better than regular Banana nut bread. The sour cream must be the key this being such a moist cake."
"Not amazing, but OK."