Banana-Nut Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, bananas, pineapple and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in coconut and nuts. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 408 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 26, 2011
Made this for Christmas morning and it was a hit. Not too sweet and just the right moistness. It is definitely a keeper.
Jan 5, 2011
I had everything but the coconut but it still turned out great. It was actually my first bundt cake ever. I improvised and made a coffee cinnamon glaze to go over it. (1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp powdered instant coffee mix, and milk a tsp at a time until it was the right consistency.) Mine fell apart a bit too but my mother in law said to flour the pan after you grease it to make it come out better.
Jan 14, 2010
I tried this and it was delicious, the only thing is I couldn't get it out of the bundt pan in one piece. What did I do wrong? I used PAM to grease it with, should I have used lard instead?