- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bananas 'n' Cream Bundt Cake
Sort By :
Very good! I make banana bread routinely, and this recipe is a wonderful
Change. Moist, delicious and I made it exactly as recipe stated. Certainly more of a dessert than a breakfast bread.
Great recipe. way better than regular Banana nut bread. The sour cream must be the key this being such a moist cake.
Not amazing, but OK.
was good, but i wouldn't consider it a CAKE. It was just a banana bread recipe in a bundt pan.
I enjoyed it, but was disappointed that it wasn't more cake-like.
This recipe is much much better than banana bread recipe......goes a long way and is delish Top with powdered sugar when cooled.....for a nice finished look