- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Quick Baking Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also found in Recipe Finder): Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits and Lime Cheesecake. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Baking Mix
Sort By :
"Great idea! But in my country we don't have shortening! The only solid vegetable fat is only to bake fries in and really not nice to eat! It's not made to use in cakes or cookies or stuff like that. In case you're wondering.....i'm from the Netherlands in Europe. My question is....can i use butter or margarine? Thanks in advance for answeing! :-)"