- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Quick Baking Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also found in Recipe Finder): Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits and Lime Cheesecake. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Quick Baking Mix in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p52
Reviews for Baking Mix(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review