- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"Wonderful recipe! Easy to make and tastes great!"
"Excellent bars. I pressed the crust in the pan just enough to hold it together and it turned out light and fluffy. I used Meyer lemons which are a little mild so I added 2 t of grated rind. I would make them exactly like this again."
"These were pretty good. The crust was a little thicker than I would prefer (was about half crust and half filling), and was a little too firm. Not sure if that was because I over-baked or over-mixed it. I did use juice from real lemons (two of them), and it definitely made them taste great."
"Best lemon bars ever!!"
"Be sure to use SALTED butter. If you use UNSALTED you will not get the flavor. Makes a big difference. It should state in the recipe to use SALTED butter."