- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"Best lemon bars ever!!"
"Be sure to use SALTED butter. If you use UNSALTED you will not get the flavor. Makes a big difference. It should state in the recipe to use SALTED butter."
"I took these lemon bars to work and everyone loved them. Thought the bottom crust was going to be too hard but it wasn't. Turned out perfectly!"
"Made these many years ago...my family & I definitely approve of them!"
"I have made these several times. They always turn out great. People really enjoy them."