- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"My granddaughter & I loved the taste & she took some to work & everyone raved about them & said I could bring more anytime."
"Love , love these lemon bars taste is great my family loves them I will b making them again !!"
"Made these for a golf cookout...used fresh squeezed juice, 1/3 C and grated peel from 2 lemons, as suggested by another reviewer. People were crazy about these! Now, they want them at the next cookout. Super easy and tasty recipe!"
"Absolutely delicious. I've made them three times in as many weeks, and can't seem to have enough! So quick and easy to make. I needed them non-dairy, and I don't use margarine, so I substituted oil. It came out great!"
"Absolutely THE BEST lemon bars I've ever had! I incorporated some of the suggestions made by reviewers, & used the juice of fresh lemons, added the grated peel from one of them to the filling, & cut the sugar in the filling to 1 1/4 cups! Terrific & will make often!"