Bake-Sale Lemon Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until topping is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars(52)
Sort By :
I've made these so many times and they always get rave reviews. Using fresh lemons is key. Don't use the nasty bottled lemon juice.
I made these for a summer party and everyone loved them and are asking me for the recipe. Very light and refreshing in the summer.
These were SOOOO good! I love lemon, but even my Aunt, who really does not like lemon enjoyed these and went for seconds. Wonderful!
I love the flavor of the bars! My crust was thin and did not cover the 13 x 9 pan very well. They fell apart trying to remove them from the pan. Next time I think I will use a smaller pan and line it with parchment as some have suggested. I think I would like them thicker!
BTW, these do not make 4 dozen bars in my house! I cut our squares much bigger! :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Lemon Bars >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >