- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until topping is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
Sort By :
most lemon bars call for lots of eggs which i cannot have, so glad to get this recipe. Can you substitute lime juice?
good but not great.. bottom was crusty, top was runny.
I just made a batch of these partly because I had all the ingredients on hand. I squeezed in one lemon which was 1/4 cup juice. Tasted it and added another half a lemon. My bars were had a really nice lemon flavor. No need to add zest. I did over bake the crust just a bit which made them a bit hard to cut in places but they taste delicious. Bars popped out of pan no problem. I did make a mistake on the crust and used regular sugar. Crust still turned out quite nicely anyway,
I made these for Easter and was disappointed. I used fresh lemons as suggested and they still were not very lemony. They were just okay...not worth the time of effort in my opinion. Will continue to search for a lemon bar recipe...
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Lemon Bars >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >