Bake-Sale Lemon Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until topping is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars(56)
Sort By :
I am not a HUGE lemon fan, so this was perfect for me! A nice amount of flavor, and my kids devoured it! I did add about a 1/4 cup of crushed pecan to the crust. Amazing! Thanks for the recipe. It's my go-to now. In fact, I'm making another batch right now!
Every time I make these lemon bars people go crazy. They are so easy and so good. The trick is to use sweet butter and not margarine.
This was quite good but would have been even better with lemon zest added and perhaps a bit more lemon juice. I agree too that parchment paper really helps with ease of removing from the pan. My tree is always loaded with Meyer lemons throughout the year so that's what I used.
I've made these at least a dozen times, and I feel I have perfected them! They are amazing and my husband's most frequent request!
Add 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract to crust mixture
Grate zest off two fresh lemons (about 2 tbsps) and add to lemon mixture
Use 1/3 C freshly squeezed lemon juice (instead of 1/4 C)
I've made these so many times and they always get rave reviews. Using fresh lemons is key. Don't use the nasty bottled lemon juice.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Lemon Bars >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >